The Akshaya Patra Foundation is a non-profit organisation in India that operates a school lunch programme. The organisation was established in 2000. It aims to counter classroom hunger and aid in education of children. It feeds 18,00,907 children every day across India.
The Akshaya Patra Foundation is an NGO in India implementing the Mid-Day Meal Scheme. It provides freshly cooked and nutritious mid-day meals in India to 18,00,907 children across 19,039 Government schools and Government-aided schools. This children NGO serves locally palatable wholesome meals from its 52 kitchens operating in 12 States and 2 Union Territories.
A charity contribution of ₹1,100 can feed a child every day for an entire academic year. Every penny of your donation is meticulously utilised to benefit children through the Mid-Day Meal Programme. Of your total contribution, 92% is used to meet the Mid-Day Meal Programme cost and the remaining 8% is used to meet the programme management cost.
When you donate for a child, you transform a young life by supporting health, boosting education, and upholding dreams. In addition, your charity donation to Akshaya Patra makes you eligible to receive 50% tax exemption on your donated amount under Section 80G of the Indian Income Tax (applicable for donations of ₹500 and above). Sponsor a child now.